Thursday, October 10, 2013

Life After The Miraculous

He's 6 months now.

And I am just beginning to get a grip.

For the last several months, I have struggled drastically with the mental affects of my 10-week bed rest!

I spent so much time alone with God in that room that I forgot how to be a participant in the lives of my family. 

We have 5 children, the oldest of whom is 5 and started his homeschooling Kinder year in September.

To say that we are a busy household is somewhat of an understatement. We have what I have dubbed as Crazy Chicken Syndrome. 

I'll translate. 

We have these twinkies running around potty-training and mess-making, learning how to obey the first time, and coming into personality growth with their individual explosions of estrogen.

They keep me on my feet. 

Literally.

Then we have this one:

Yes, you get it. This face explains it all. 

Spitfire...

She is!

She is my relationship girl, always talking a billion words per second, and faithfully pushing the chair into the kitchen to help cook when my brain is still waking in the morning.

And then, these 2:

These are my easies.

Malachi needs milk and snuggles... Simple and doable!

The big boy is my logical learner who is super responsible and constantly asking to work ahead in school.

You see, this home of ours, this place we do life daily, it has been trumping me for the past 6 months. 

I went through, and still battle, selfish habits that I developed from having no one to serve in the hospital. 

I am finally getting on top of that one.

I am finally balancing the everyday tasks with loving my family well.

I am just beginning to reacquaint myself with the noise level in our home without having to holler at the kids to quiet down because "mommy's brain is on overload from all the noises."

I am getting used to talking a mile a minute, 4 sentences at a time to 5 different directions.

Above all, I am reminding myself daily of how much I need God; how desperately hungry my mommy soul is for Him to speak words to my heart in a quiet place while the children ALL nap.

It has only taken 6 months.

Only.

:)

My encouragement to you, my dear friend, keep pushing, keep seeking, keep pressing in to Him. Seek to serve those around you and find a moment in a quiet place to ask Him to speak healing to your heart. 

He is faithful!



No comments:

Post a Comment