Sunday, February 3, 2013

A Perspective on Bed Rest

Bed rest: Day 15

Blugh.

Just reading that and realizing that I've been down for that long is eye-opening. I almost can't believe it.

Almost; my body feels as though it's been MUCH longer.

I used to stand on the outside of the fish tank named "Strict Bed Rest," and peer in on what I thought might be a relief for a busy momma.

Honestly, the medical situation that placed me here has caused me fear, worry, or sadness for approximately a total of 6 hours because, and I'm about to sound super "crazy Christian" here, God's peace and comfort on delivering us from this whispered long and hard to smack those flesh reactions into their place.

My most difficult aspect of bed rest, you ask, considering that I now sound like a weirdo...

Idleness, which is the opposite of being diligent, which my wonderful Father was really teaching me before I was permanently positioned on my couch.

Dare I say this...

I miss ... cleaning and cooking!

Oh, dear. I can't believe it, ladies, but yes, I sincerely can not wait to get up, hug my family while standing upright, and clean up after them then cook these treasures din din with my 2 hands while singing and dancing loudly.

Then, I'll bake some cookies.

Next, you'll find me sewing. I may just be sewing straight lines on scrap fabric, but...

I will be sewing!

And praising our Almighty Healer for immaculate deliverence, connecting my creator heart with His Creator heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment